Jackson County, Oregon’s, Airport Advisory Committee and the region are saying good-bye to our long- term director, a crown jewel, who will be missed by staff and the community alike. The Airport is located in southwest Oregon on 885 acres adjacent to the City of Medford, Oregon’s central business district. Commercial air service is provided by Horizon Air/Alaska Airlines, United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, American Airlines, and Allegiant Air. These carriers offer approximately 48 arriving and departing flights daily to and from San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Los Angeles, Denver, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Phoenix, and Phoenix/Mesa. Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport also serves general aviation traffic, including extensive corporate and business travel. This executive level position reports directly to the County Administrator and enjoys broad autonomy in running the airport. You should be familiar and comfortable working with a unionized workforce.
We anticipate filling the position by November 1, 2017, in order to allow for a smooth transition for the new leader.
For more details about this amazing opportunity: http://jacksoncountyor.org/Whats-New/Jobs/Recruitments-2017
Contact Cristy Kell at (541) 774-6012 or email her at KellCM@jacksoncounty.org if you have any questions.
Governing Philosophy - Jackson County government strives to provide outstanding public service. We have been on the cutting-edge of local governments with our efforts for strategic planning, award-winning financial planning, budgeting and record keeping, and citizen involvement. Our goal is to be the best County government in the United States. We encourage all of our employees to treat every memb...er of the public as a valued customer, and we believe our employees share a commitment to outstanding public service that is rare in government.
Jackson County aims for a less bureaucratic/more entrepreneurial, less tradition-bound/more flexible approach to government. We take pride in our work and are privileged to serve some of the friendliest, most unique and independent people in the United States.
Organization - Jackson County is governed by a three-member Board of Commissioners who are nominated and elected from the County at large, serving four-year overlapping terms. The County Administrator, a position created by ordinance, is appointed by and reports to the County Commissioners.
Mission Statement - Jackson County’s mission is to provide public services that protect and enhance the quality of life in the County, as determined by the people, laws, and available resources.
Goals (in no particular order) -
* Protect the health, safety, and well-being of all citizens.
* Serve all citizens fairly and ensure access to County government.
* Provide opportunities for all citizens to prosper by promoting the economic development of the area.
* Strengthen cooperation between public agencies.
* Work to enhance the natural and man-made attractiveness of the area.
* Encourage citizen understanding and participation in County government.
* Make recreational, learning, and cultural opportunities accessible and available.
* Provide and maintain multiple transportation systems.
* Promote employee pride, high standards of performance, and productivity.
* Make the best use of Jackson County’s human and material resources.
* Maintain public records to provide financial, historical, and statistical information.
* Plan for the future.