We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Propulsion Engineer.
This person will have the knowledge and understanding to actively apply past production experience and solid rocket motor design principles to ensure program technical objectives and requirements are met. Our chosen candidate will perform a variety of highly skilled and specialized duties that will include, but not be limited to:
· Establish product development and production plans in accordance with customer specifications and control drawings to ensure rocket motor programs are executed properly with a high degree of technical rigor
· Apply sound engineering design principles to develop new products to meet customer requirements
· Conceive, develop and execute valid test plans and specifications to evaluate new design concepts, including oversight and support of external test requirements at component and system level
· Cross functional communication and project management
· Problem solving and ability to lead failure investigations
· Effectively lead junior Project Engineers and provide guidance to accomplish program objectives
· Work with the NEIH Business Development organization to define customer requirements and objectives and to write new business proposals
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a BS degree in Mechanical and/or Aerospace Engineering preferred or Chemical Engineering or Physics with applicable experience. Five (5) years defense industry related experience also preferred, but will consider lower depending on education and overall experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Visio. Familiarity with solid modeling software (i.e. Solid Edge/SolidWorks) 3D model and 2D drawing creation.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to understand and interpret Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing. Strong mechanical aptitude, design and analytical, problem solving and technical leadership skills. Experience working with solid rocket motor production, design and explosive manufacturing, and technical report writing is a plus. Desire to learn and take on new challenges with the ability to work in an environment that demands self-motivation.
Ability to obtain BATF approval to work with our products. Ability to qualify for and if necessary obtain DoD security clearance.
NAMMO ENERGETICS INDIAN HEAD, INC
NAMMO, a leader in tactical propulsion and ordnance, space systems, and ammunition development and production, is looking for personnel with similar industry experience to join our team at NAMMO Energetics Indian Head, Inc. Work with some of the brightest individuals and most recognized experts in these industries today. Our expertise encompasses everything from ...the design and manufacture of solid and air-breathing rocket propulsion, warheads and fuzing systems, thrust vector control and actuation systems, development and production of advanced composite materials for aerospace and commercial applications, and demilitarization and reclamation of ordnance systems. Our success includes teaming with other corporations, small businesses, Government agencies and laboratories, and academia to provide rapid advancements in technology and total system solutions in meeting both domestic and international customer needs.
NEIH offers an excellent opportunity for experienced and dedicated individuals to be part of NAMMO's international success and expanding presence in the U.S. NEIH is looking for individuals to join our start-up operations with positions to fill primarily in our Indian Head, Maryland location. Positions include:
* Program Management; Tactical Propulsion, Warheads and Ordnance Reclamation
* Project Engineer
* Manufacturing Engineer
* Quality Assurance and Systems Engineering Management
* Structural, Thermal, CFD and Ballistic Associate Engineers
* Propellant and Elastomeric Material Chemist
* Mechanical Design Engineer / Drafting Specialist
* Information Technology Specialist
* Business Development
* Finance Specialist
Nammo is Driven By Core Values
* DEDICATION: We are enthusiastic and creative, always searching for the best solutions
* PRECISION: We are reliable and accurate in technology, precess and business
* CARE: We are inclusive and open-minded, always encouraging team spirit and co-operation
Please send your resume to: Donna Schlatter at
or NAMMO Energetics Indian Head, Inc.
2000 N. 14th St., Suite 230
Arlington, VA 22201, ATTN: Donna Schlatter.
To learn more about our team,
please visit our website at www.nammo.com