|Example of responsibilities: |
1. Develops plans to leverage parking revenue opportunities; ensures compliance of programs and practices with ground transportation and traffic enforcement services objectives and mandated FAA, TSA and other mandated requirements.
2. Oversees vehicle-for-hire (courtesy shuttles, taxicabs, ground transportation network companies and charters) management program, parking management, courtesy shuttle agreements and permitting; recommends action regarding planning and long range business decisions for the airport's landside facilities; directs traffic and parking enforcement functions including operations around the airport terminal buildings; directs the processing of traffic and parking citations and complaint resolution.
3. Identifies needs and develops proposals for capital improvement projects involving ground transportation facilities; participates in the development of design concepts, the evaluation of detailed designs and construction plans; plans work-around during construction phases to minimize inconvenience to travelers and other customers; ensures that capital improvement projects adhere to applicable FAA, TSA and Authority security directives.
4. Serves as key resource and advises others; provides leadership and subject matter expert on ground transportation initiatives; manages relationships with a broad constituency of ground transportation service providers, regulatory representatives and stakeholders.
5. Coaches and develops team members; reviews and analyzes work plans and objectives; implements processes to facilitate decision making process; provides direction and delegates responsibility; identifies alternative solutions to problems and selects effective corrective actions for resolution; establishes task ownership and accountability; models inclusive and culturally competent behavior.
6. Prioritizes alternatives and responds effectively to business conditions; adjusts organizational priorities quickly as situations change; shifts goals and initiatives to align with priorities; perseveres on projects despite changing objectives, deliverables and deadlines; identifies key capabilities to execute objectives.
7. Develops financial plan and budget for the department; oversees business objectives against contractual obligations; identifies business performance criteria and benchmarks; translates and communicates business objectives; stays up-to-date on industry and regulatory trends and performs other duties as assigned.
BA degree in public or business administration, airport management or a closely related field; and eight years of progressively responsible experience in the management of landside operations functions and/or airport parking lot operations, at least four of which were in a management capacity; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.