- Responsible for planning and coordination of airport master plans, environmental reports, and related studies at commercial service and general aviation airports.
- Candidate will work with a team of planners and engineers on a variety of airport projects, assisting with projects including airport master plans, airport layout plans, site selection studies, obstruction analysis, forecasting, noise and environmental evaluations, terminal area plans, sustainability evaluations, and other airport planning tasks and projects.
- Able to present projects and plans in a public setting and translate technical knowledge into laymen terms.
- Experienced working with airport boards, FAA, regulatory agencies, and other organizations.
- Develops work plans to coincide milestones of a project.
- Selects procedures and checks complete reports and calculations.
- Leads entry and junior level staff.
- Completes field assignments, when appropriate.
- May assist or involved in the technical scope of proposal development.
- Some travel is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Planning, Civil Engineering, or related discipline required; Master's degree in related disciplines preferred.
- 4-6 years of relevant airport planning experience.
- Applicable certifications are encouraged (AICP, AAAE Certified Member, Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) accreditation, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with AEDT/INM, ESRI / ArcGIS, MS Illustrator, Google Sketchup, and AviPLAN / PathPlanner / AeroTURN preferred
- Must possess strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.