This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Responsible for all contract management activities as documented in KCAB Policy 1014, Contract Management. As the subject matter expert responsible for all key aspects of contract management ensuring KCAB’s interests are represented in any business activities regarding the agreement.
- Receives inquiries and provides information on available office/storage and concession spaces within the terminal complex and outbuildings. Provides tours of available spaces. Coordinates with Airport Facilities Department to prepare office/storage spaces for lease.
- Assists in the preparation and negotiation of office/storage space agreements. Prepares documents and supporting material for signatures.
- Prepares Request for Proposals and reviews proposals for concession opportunities including participating as part of a panel for oral interviews of the proposers. Makes recommendations to Manager based on proposal reviews. Assists with documentation and presentation of the recommendation to the Board for approval.
- Assists in the preparation and negotiates final concession agreements. Prepares documents for final document signatures.
- Oversees and verifies the entry of the final concession and office/storage lease documents into the Lease Management System and the initiation of billing with the accounts receivable department.
- Oversees the Concession Mystery Shopper Program and performs prohibited items safety audits and concession’s operational audits.
- Assists with coordination of buildout of tenant spaces including construction document review, contractor coordination and oversight, and review/approval of space buildout prior to occupancy.
- Communicates with concession operators to ensure they have the information and support necessary to operate their business.
- Monitors concession operations and sales to ensure contract compliance including hours of operation and product quality, selection, and price.
- Determines concessions hours of operation based airline departure schedules and gate assignments.
- Reviews monthly sales, analyzes information and creates reports based on findings to be presented to the Board
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field to the area of assignment and five years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Maintain Security Identification Display Area Clearance (SIDA) clearance.
- Obtain and maintain position appropriate NIMS & emergency training.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Local, State and Federal regulations regarding food and health codes;
- Lease Management System or equivalent.
- Contract terms and conditions;
- Contract management;
- Project management.
- Clearly and effectively communicating, both orally and in writing;
- Use of a variety of computer-based technologies including word processing, and spreadsheets;
- Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: fingering, grasping, walking, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.