Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances related to government affairs.
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements imposed by government agencies, such as: Federal Aviation Administration and Transportation Security Administration.
- Ability to define complex regulatory and government affairs issues and problems; evaluate alternatives and develop sound, expert conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to understand, interpret, explain and apply local, state and federal policy, law, and regulation.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with peers, managers, government agencies at federal, state, and local levels, airport tenants and the public.
- Ability to represent the Authority effectively and tactfully in negotiating and dealing with organizations and government officials on a variety of difficult, complex, and sensitive and confidential issues.
- Ability to present proposals and recommendations clearly, logically and persuasively in one-on-one and public meetings.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Credentials, Qualifications, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, public administration, communications, political science, or related field with 7 years of experience in state government affairs; OR Master’s Degree with 5 years of related experience in state government affairs.
- Extensive knowledge and understand of legal requirements relevant to federal lobbying disclosure and political action committee management.
- Extensive knowledge of legislative and policy making process.
- Broad knowledge of Airport/Aviation industry to include business objectives, operations, finance, customer experience, and government relations.
Preferred computer software skills
License and Special Requirements:
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s license.
- Obtain and maintain security clearance as required by role and TSA regulations.