Note: The following job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all-inclusive list of responsibilities associated with this position. The duties listed are illustrative, not exhaustive and any omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.
- Ownership of the Airport’s parking programs and products in order to grow its largest revenue producing business.
- Establish parking revenue forecasts and budgets and deliver on revenue targets set out in the annual budget with the goal of increasing parking revenues.
- Provide and present analysis and reports on parking financial performance, product performance and future plans to senior management.
- Work with other departments to develop, implement and manage parking contractor agreement with a focus on identifying efficiencies.
- Work with other departments to ensure compliance with parking revenue control and audit processes.
- Increase parking mode share, making parking at the Airport the natural or ‘first choice’ when travelling to or from the Airport.
- Provide expertise in the capabilities and functions of the Parking Revenue Control System and other parking related software.
- Lead through relationship a cross functional team to continually deliver improved customer offerings.
- Identify and implement long term strategic plans for Airport parking.
- Work with other departments and consultants to develop customer parking options that offer enhanced customer services and drives parking revenue.
- Represent the department at meetings, functions, and events.
- Develop and implement recovery plans for off-schedule and unanticipated occurrences.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Mentor and provide expertise to other team members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS PREFERENCES
Requires a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university; four (4) years in parking financial/operations management, including one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- Ten years of parking management experience preferred
- Master's Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Aviation, Logistics or related field.
- Certified Parking Professional (CPP) from the National Parking Association.
- Certified Administrator of Public Parking (CAPP) from the International Parking Institute.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Aviation, Logistics or related field.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Understands the parking business environment including social, economic, political and technical trends and their impact on parking revenue.
- Ability to produce strategic plans for parking that are in line with Authority objectives.
- Ability to create, manage, forecast, and analyze budgets.
- Ability to analyze and interpret parking revenue, trends, products and applications used worldwide and identify new sales channels for Airport parking.
- Ability to direct and manage multiple resources and projects to achieve successful outcomes.
- Ability to build coalitions among the various stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and facilitate the open exchange of ideas and information.
- Ability to use considerable initiative, think independently, and exercise sound judgment.
- Skill in presenting reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.