This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Develop and Manage the Asset Management Program to monitor report and analyze the information for existing and new infrastructure assets, including renewals, modifications, periodic inspections, corrective actions, work history, asset condition and performance, failure analysis and tracking.
- Develops and prioritizes a list for all airport assets to determine future condition assessment programming and timing.
- Develop and Manage the Asset Management Program that will define how asset information will be collected, how information is evaluated to meet data quality assurance standards.
- Maximizes through best practice asset management techniques, including optimizing the use of the data created by the CMMS (computerized maintenance management system) and common industry standards.
- Plan and develop asset specific prioritization approaches, methodologies and procedures with the assistance of discipline subject matter experts and external Consultants to continually recommend the improvement of maintenance practices.
- Plan and develop asset specific condition assessment methodologies with the assistance of discipline subject matter experts and external Consultants, in order to accurately and effectively measure an assess the condition of existing assets, estimate their performance, sustainability and residual life.
- Develop new business processes as required to support the Asset Management Program and the introduction of new technologies into the Asset Management process.
- Develop a document control system for all procedures, guidelines standards and specifications issued to and used by the maintenance and operational department personnel related to asset management business processes and activities. Including those for asset registration, condition assessment and reporting of work performed related to any level of asset interventions.
- Participates in the evaluation of maintenance activities to determine activities that should be performed in-house versus contracted. Participates in the evaluation of potential and existing contractors with respect to costs and quality of work.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on behalf of the maintenance division, to review and evaluate airport projects to ensure that design and assets meet airport standards for reliability that conforms to current infrastructure.
- Responsible for all contract management activities as documented in KCAB Policy 1014, Contract Management pertaining to Asset Management. As the subject matter expert responsible for all key aspects of contract management ensuring KCAB’s interests are represented in any business activities regarding the agreement. Prepares RFP’s, bid specifications, and negotiates contracts.
- Directs departmental staff and the monitoring of consultant contracts and operations to ensure compliance with terms and conditions associated with the contract and operating standards are being met.
- Manages outside consultants associated with airport infrastructure condition assessments such as the HVAC systems, utilities, escalators, elevators, roof systems, and building maintenance projects.
- Monitors utilities for energy management and develops process to enhance energy savings. Additionally monitors other airport infrastructure systems such as the FMS system and chemical treatment system for HVAC equipment to ensure effectiveness and efficiency. Develops a process to manage the airport’s capital equipment replacement/addition program to ensure maximum life cycles have been reached.
- Staff management responsibility to include supervision, delegation and review of assigned work, hiring/terminating, performance appraisals, coaching/counseling, staff development, application of organizational policies and procedures.
Performs other duties of a similar nature such as emergency response, snow removal and other tasks as assigned.