The Director of Operations oversees all plant operations including Receiving, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Purchasing, Inventory, Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety, shipping, Administration and Maintenance.
The Director of Operations also oversees all budgets relating to production, raw materials, labor, equipment and maintenance of equipment, building and structures.
Teh Director of Operations is responsible fore streamlining processes and driving solutions ensuring that products are manufactured in an efficient, high quality and safe manner which adheres to strict quality standards and industry compliance.
- Provide leadership, expertise and direction to all areas of operations in order to increase productivity, efficiency and profitability.
- Ensure the company is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws and ensure that safety is a priority.
- Provide management with reports regarding profitability, productivity and efficiency of operations. Makes recommendations and implements solutions.
- Ensure orders are manufactured according to specifications and meet customer demands.
- Manage operating budget and expenses.
- Evaluate all recommendations for purchase or repair of equipment and management of plant property.
- Partner with management and appropriate parties regarding issues such as safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training, grievances, etc.
- Ensure plant managers and supervisors are adhering to company policy and administering practices in a fair manner.
- Train, develop and appraise staff and take corrective action as necessary in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy. Consult with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Drive continuous improvement and provide coaching and mentor ship to all team members.
- stay up to date on industry trends, technology and expectations.
- Qualify for Government Secret Clearance
- The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to those listed.