- Oversees and coordinates team activities to ensure a safe, reliable, efficient and effective operation.
- Monitors and enforces safe and compliant working environment in accordance with TSA, DOT, USPS and OSHA regulations and all applicable laws.
- Coaches, counsels and mentors employees and enforces Company policies and procedures, including issuing disciplinary action as required.
- Promotes and adheres to Securitas policy concerning Safety, Anti-Harassment and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Monitors staffing and overtime use and operational and financial performance of assigned shift/station.
- Promotes team building initiatives and performs coaching/mentoring activities to develop and motivate team members.
- Ensures information is communicated in a clear, comprehensive manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge of Securitas, TSA, FAA, and DTW regulations, policies and procedures. Excellent computer skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to analyze, read and interpret documents.
- Safety - Ability to follow and ensure established safety policy and procedures are adhered to and identify and correct conditions that affect safety in the workplace.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Problem Solving - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures and find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Diversity - Ability to work in a friendly, respectful and professional manner with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, disability etc..
- Honesty/Integrity/Ethical Standards - Ability to maintain high morale standards and be honest and ethical while performing job duties.
- Confidentiality- Ability to maintain confidentiality and communicate sensitive information on a "need to know" basis and ensure files are properly secured.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Time Management - Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and complete work within given deadlines.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Communication - Ability to communicate in a professional manner with others orally or written and actively attend to, convey and understand the comments and questions of others
- Customer Service - Ability to take care of the employee or customers' needs while following company procedures and responds and follows-up with employee or customer in a timely manner.
- Detailed Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree preferred. At a minimum, Two (2) years of experience at a Title 49 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 1542, regulated airport. In addition, candidates must possess a high school diploma, and must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in security, loss prevention or law enforcement. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for one year of the minimum experience requirement.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations.
- May be required to work additional hours without advance notice.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for up to 8 hours per day and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Possible lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties. Vehicles are to include but not limited to: cars, trucks, electric carts and bicycles.
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful physical activity.
- Depending upon training assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Frequent travel to client sites for oral presentations, group meetings, and site training surveys.
- In a training environment, may be Directing, motivating, coaching, but always in a positive manner.
- Reading and analyzing reports and training data, including related computer usage.
- Responding on an on-call basis to emergencies and incidents at all hours.