This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Processes all monthly capital project financial transactions and ensures correct allocation within the project accounting system. Reconciles applicable general ledger accounts to project accounting system. Researches any discrepancies and makes corrections/adjustments as required. Compiles month end reports and verifies for accuracy.
- Reviews capital project vendor payment requests for reasonableness as well as specific criteria (e.g. adherence to contract terms, existence of appropriation, federal grant and PFC eligibility, project manager approval).
- Processes internal labor expenses; reviews expenses with management to determine correct allocation to capital projects.
- Processes PFC applications, receipts, and fund transfers. Prepares PFC reporting to FAA and monitors PFC Fund activity.
- Analyzes capital improvement contracts awarded to determine and perform the necessary financial and funding activities. Records contract terms in the project accounting system.
- Participates in administering the federal grant program, ensuring that all legal processes and FAA processes are completed accurately and timely in regards to expenses eligible for grant reimbursement and reporting requirements.
- Monitors the CIP and incorporates updates to the CIP to facilitate reporting and cash flow analysis. Tracks contracts, payments and funding for each of the CIP projects. Reviews information in CIP database for correctness/reasonableness; works with the managers in the Capital Accounting Department, and/or the appropriate Project Manager to identify and resolve issues.
- Processes/monitors all capital asset records in the fixed asset system, including componentization of assets into relevant elements and maintenance of relevant information.
- Prepares journal entries for capital expenditure accruals, receivables, internal labor accruals, PFC and grant accruals, and works with Project Managers to verify project statuses and determine correct capitalization or write-off.
- Assists and provides information to external audit team as needed.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field to the area of assignment and five years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Certified Public Accountant license (CPA) and/or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and/or Certified Public Finance Officer (CPFO) designation preferred.
- Obtain/maintain position appropriate NIMS and emergency training.
- Maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) clearance.
- Accounting and finance concepts;
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Grants and other forms of capital project funding
- Regulations governing the aviation industry;
- Contract principals;
- Internal controls;
- KCAB policies and procedures
- Demonstrated skill in fixed asset inventory and project accounting;
- Demonstrated skill in general ledger reconciliation
- Demonstrated skill in interpreting contract terms
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and independent judgment
- Clearly and effectively communicating, negotiating and advocating, both orally and in writing;
- Use of a variety of computer-based technologies including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases such as Oracle (accounting, purchasing, payables) and ABM (lease management/contracting), as well as internally developed databases (Project Management System and Capital Improvement Plan databases);
- Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: walking, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently, or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body.
Interested candidates can obtain more information and apply at www.cvgairport.com/jobs.
The Kenton County Airport Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans