We are looking for you! A highly motivated Operations Manager for ICF’s Commercial Aviation Markets Line of Business (LOB) in our Cambridge, Massachusetts office. In this dynamic role, you will coordinate business operations activities required to support the LOB, practice leaders and staff. Working closely with the Aviation LOB’s leadership (especially the Operations Leader), you will be responsible for supporting and in some cases managing the successful delivery of multiple operations functions across the team. These areas include: financial management at the LOB, Practice and project levels; customer relationship management databases; staff administrative support systems (time keeping, accounting, AP/AR, procurement, CIT); and other internal business processes. You will interface and work collaboratively with staff at all levels of the Aviation LOB, Group Operations and ICF Corporate Business Services.
The ideal candidate for this position should have at least five years experience working in a professional environment performing a variety of business operations functions using a variety of enabling automated systems.
To learn more about our Aviation practice, click here.
What you will do:
• Financial Analysis and Reporting – Support the LOB Lead, Operations Lead and Practice Leads in the forecast of LOB financials. Contribute to annual planning efforts. Manage costs by monitoring spend of operations related controllable expenses such as IT, office space, business development, and training and development.
• Systems Management – Manage the implementation, operation and maintenance of LOB systems and tools such as ALFRED, SharePoint, SAM/CRM, capacity planning, resource management, and others as assigned. Ensure systems are properly documented from maintainer and user perspectives.
• Staff Management – Manage Practice Coordinators, graphics (as assigned), and administrative professionals to include oversight, goal setting, skills development, performance reviews, and management of capacity and workload. Drive business results from these services and ideate improvements in operational approaches and processes.
• Performance Measurement and Management – Work with the LOB Lead and Operations Lead, implement and manage the LOB’s performance management metrics.
• Project Management – Work with the Operations Lead in the development and implementation of a LOB project management processes. Assist project managers in the effective management of projects, improve the monitoring of projects from a LOB leadership perspective, and take corrective actions within projects as needed to reduce the risk of unfavorable project outcomes. Working with the Project Financial Controllers, monitor individual project financials with project managers throughout the project life cycle.
• Administration - Ensure compliance with time recording systems, expense reporting systems and mandatory compliance training.
• Communications - Assist in the dissemination of information about Aviation LOB related tools and manage any related efforts associated with process or organizational change as needed.
• Coordination/Liaison – Serve as a liaison to ICF Corporate Business Services functions (finance, accounting, recruiting, human resources, CIT, facilities, etc.) effectively collaborating to manage activities as needed.
• Data Analytics - Assist LOB management and staff in the analysis of data (e.g., sales revenue, budgets, costs, profitability, and business development pipeline)
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or other analytical field
• 5+ years of experience working in a professional environment performing a variety of business operations functions using a variety of enabling automated systems
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with a focus on Excel
• Experience with SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics or other CRM system
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
• Ability to manage staff and work collaboratively in a team environment
• Attention to detail and thorough in completing work and tasks
We come from different fields. Different backgrounds. Different countries. But our people have this in common: a passion for making a positive impact on the world.
We’re in the business of making big things possible when it really matters.
Our clients span health, energy, and transportation industries as well as government agencies in the United States and Europe. We give them t...he data, insights, and deep implementation expertise they need to deliver results that matter to consumers, citizens, and communities.
We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. From program management and project assessment to digital marketing and social media strategy, our work delivers deeper engagement, more confident decisions, and measurable impact.
OUR MISSION AND VISION
At ICF, our mission and vision define who we are and how we work with each other, with our clients, and in our communities. These enduring principles lead to outstanding solutions for our clients and lifelong careers for our employees.
Our mission: Maximize beneficial impact for people, business, and governments in areas that matter.
Our vision: Ensure that our people, clients, and shareholders define and achieve success in a rapidly changing world without boundaries.
OUR PHILOSOPHY AND CORE VALUES
At ICF, our corporate philosophy is simple: Hire the best people. Reward their creativity and entrepreneurship. Maintain the highest standards of integrity, ethics, and quality. And do this always with a clear focus on our clients’ needs.
Do our values align with yours? Then ICF may be the place for you to grow and broaden your perspective. Check out our Careers page for a current list of opportunities.