Under the supervision of the Airport Manager, performs for the City of St. George a variety of technical, general operations, maintenance, and surveillance duties associated with the safe, efficient, and continuous operation and maintenance of the airport. This position involves exercising independent judgment.
Current certification or ability to become certified in airport rescue and firefighting as required by Federal Aviation Regulation Part 139.319 within 60 days. (Airport Ops II)
Must possess a valid driver's license. A valid Utah Commercial Driver License must be obtained within 180 days of hire and be maintained throughout employment. (Airport Ops III)
Obtain within 365 days and maintain throughout employment a valid Utah State Non-Commercial Pesticide Applicators license. (Airport Ops Specialist)
Salary Information- Airport Operations I - $16.60/hour Airport Operations II - $17.60/hour Airport Operations III - $18.10/hour Airport Operations Specialist - $18.60/hour
Submit a completed City of St. George Employment Application online at careers.sgcity.org.
- Minimum of four (4) years paid work experience in maintenance of buildings, grounds, and mechanical equipment.
- Electrical Experience preferable.
- Minimum of one (1) year full time operations or maintenance experience at a public use airport preferable.
- Read and interpret blueprints, circuit diagrams, and various types of operational and safety manuals.
- Satisfactorily pass a ten-year criminal history background check as required by the Transportation Security Administration.
- Pass a City of St. George approved physical which shows the employee to be in good physical health and able to safely perform the required aircraft rescue and firefighting duties.
- Understand and communicate clearly in English, and communicate via radio transmissions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, vendors, airport users and tenants, and the general public.
- Check, lubricate, and maintain various types of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Troubleshoot system malfunctions and recognize problems and take quick corrective action in addressing potential hazards or existing discrepancies.
Additional Salary Information: Benefits: Full City Benefits Package. The City of St. George covers 100% of the premiums for the High Deductible health plan for full-time employees and their qualified dependents. New hires also receive 2 weeks of vacation time during their first year of employment, one of which is available to the employee the first day of employment.
To find out more about our benefits package, please visit our website at careers.sgcity.org.