Norman Y. Mineta San José International Airport is recruiting to fill an Overstrength Senior Manager of Commercial Development and Revenue Enhancement position. This position is a temporary, benefited position, with a standard 40 hours per week with an end date of June 30, 2021.
Reporting to the Deputy Finance Director and working closely with the Airport Director, the Senior Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to maximize revenue and reimagine the customer experience in accordance with the Airport’s strategic plan. The Senior Manager will lead strategic initiatives related to growing and sustaining all non-airline revenue sources, including concessions, parking, rental car activities, ground transportation, commercial real estate development, cargo, and FBOs. The position is expected to focus on revenue enhancing efforts at least 80% of the time and in the remaining 20%, the position will provide leadership to a dedicated team of property managers governing all tenant relationships.
To apply, please complete an application via the City of San Jose’s website at www.sanjoseca.gov/citycareers. The final filing date for this job announcement is December 1, 2020.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree in a closely related field and six years of progressively responsible directly related experience, including three years of supervisory experience.
Required Licensing (such as driver’s license, certifications, etc.)
Possession of a valid State of California driver's license may be required for some assignments.
Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San Jose will NOT sponsor, represent or sign any documents related to visa applications/transfers for H1-B or any other type of visa which requires an employer application. Candidates are required to satisfactorily complete and pass a fingerprint based Criminal History Records Check prior to being considered for a position in this class at the Airport. This Airport position requires a background check and a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) check. The candidate must be fingerprinted and qualify under all applicable TSA and Airport regulations.
Additional Salary Information: The actual salary shall be determined by the final candidate’s qualifications and experience. In addition to the starting salary, employees in this classification shall also receive an approximate five percent (5%) ongoing non-pensionable compensation pay.
Internal Number: 2001013
About Mineta San Jose International Airport
San José’s quality of life is unsurpassed. Located roughly 50 miles south of San Francisco and 30 miles east of Pacific Coast beaches, the City is in a valley surrounded by the Diablo and Santa Cruz mountain ranges and enjoys an average of 300 days of sunshine a year. The City is readily accessible to the beaches along the California coast including Monterey and Carmel, Yosemite and Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevadas, Napa Valley, and the rich cultural life of the entire region. Universities in and near San José include San José State University, Santa Clara University, Stanford University, University of California at Berkeley, University of California at San Francisco, and University of California at Santa Cruz.
Those living and working in San José have access to the City’s many attractions, cultural and performing arts, and recreational opportunities. A year-round calendar of festivals and celebrations supports the community spirit. Nearby open space provides easy access to mountain parks, trails, lakes, and streams. San José has received accolades for its living and working climate from publications including Business Week and Money Magazine, as well as other national media. R...ecently, Spering’s Best Places rated San Jose #1 as the healthiest city in America.
Mineta San José International Airport (SJC) is managed by the City of San José’s Aviation Department as an enterprise operation. The Airport has a eleven-member Advisory Board appointed by the Mayor and City Council.