- May perform document review to ensure material traceability and product compliance.
- Performs a wide variety of mechanical and electro-mechanical inspections on parts and assemblies.
- Follows general inspection guidelines to conduct visual, dimensional, mechanical, electrical test and functional inspections on a wide variety of components/assemblies.
- Performs complex and critical inspection procedures requiring special set-up of new or unique equipment and interpretation of test data from a variety of sources.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least 1 year of related experience and/or education.
Experience operating or programming CMM equipment a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- ASQ -- Certified Quality Inspector (CQI) a plus.
- Ability to use typical layout inspection equipment such as micrometers, calipers, height gauges, dial indicators and an optical comparator.
- Working knowledge (interpretation) of ASME Y14.5 Standard (GD&T) desired.
- Ability to add documents and perform inspection / quality system transactions within the company's quality system software (TIPQA).
- Continuous improvement mindset and teamwork a must.
- Language: Ability to read/interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.